simple List index question

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: simple List index question
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 15:15:43 -0500 (EST)

I just want to check to be sure I am using
List indexing correctly.  Is the basic idea:

    id index, other;
    index = [siteNbors begin: xZone];
    for ( other=[index next]; other; other=[index next] ) {
        [other calcE];
    }
    [index dropFrom: xZone];

assuming siteNbors has been set up via

    siteNbors = [List create: azone];

As I understand it, when I dropFrom the index,
I'm just getting rid of it, not anything in the
siteNbors List itself...is that right?

Also, am I right that the index and the original List
don't have to be in the same zone?

Thanks!
 - r

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
1061 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/rlr-home.html