Re: Fatal Error during swarm make

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: Fatal Error during swarm make
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 95 01:44:25 MST

>It seems that the make is trying to use libtk.a rather than
>libtk4.0.a, which are different on my system.  Could this explain the
>undefined reference to `Tcl_AppInit' error?

The fix you used - explicitly linking in libtk4.0.a - is correct.
Ousterhout did no one any favours by making tk install things with
version numbers. On SunOS4, ld won't even work with "-ltk4.0", it gets
confused thinking you mean a shared library or something. So Swarm
links to "-ltk" by default, and we hope for the best.

The Tcl_AppInit error is a bit obscure - the problem is that libtk
moved which .o file he declared that in, and that collided with a
definition in libtclobjc. libtclobjc 1.1b2 works with libtk 4.0, and
only libtk 4.0. Time to start a Swarm FAQ soon, I think.