BLT 2.0

From: Patrick Maheral
Subject: BLT 2.0
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 96 08:24:51 -0500

Here is a section from the README file that came with BLT v2.0.  I think
this explains the blt_bitmap (and other blt functions) errors that I was
receiving.  I will try 1.9 instead.

[From README in BLT2.0 release]

This is version 2.0 of the BLT library.  BLT is an extension to the Tk
toolkit, adding new widgets, geometry managers, and miscellaneous
commands.  It does not require any patching of the Tcl or Tk source
files.

This release works with both Tk versions 3.6 and 4.0.  It may work
with the current 4.1 release, but I haven't it tried it yet.

There are many changes in this release.  Not least of which is that
each command no longer has a "blt_" prefix.  This wart has been
removed since [Incr Tcl] 2.0 now includes namespaces.  There's no good
reason to "uglify" code when the right solution is now available.

BLT will automatically use namespaces if you compile with the itcl-2.x
versions of Tcl and Tk headers and libraries.  BLT will reside in its
own namespace called "blt".