trouble running demos (Solaris 2.5)

From: Christian W. Bridgers
Subject: trouble running demos (Solaris 2.5)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 11:09:47 -0400

Hello,

I have installed Swarm and its prerequisite applications according to
the instructions.  I am having a problem running all of the demo
applications.  When started, the initial GUI comes up, but if I press
any button (such as "Go"), the demo will core dump with the following
error:

     Bus error (core dumped)

My platform is a SPARC 5 running Solaris 2.5.  Has anyone had any
similar experience or successful experience under Solaris 2.5?

The following is a short GDB session with a stack trace.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/kestrel/bridgers/swarm/swarm/heatbugs/heatbugs

    [GUI comes up and I press any button]

Program received signal SIGSEGV (11), Segmentation fault
0xe1580 in Tcl_ResetResult ()
(gdb) info stack
#0  0xe1580 in Tcl_ResetResult ()
#1  0xe1b58 in Tcl_DStringResult ()
#2  0x7dc98 in Tk_BindEvent ()
#3  0xc9364 in TkBindEventProc ()
#4  0x90874 in Tk_HandleEvent ()
#5  0x90aa8 in TkXFileProc ()
#6  0x82398 in Tk_DoOneEvent ()
#7  0x25844 in _i_ControlPanel__waitForControlEvent ()
#8  0x22f90 in _i_HeatbugObserverSwarm__buildObjects (self=0x1b19a8,
_cmd=0x13214c) at HeatbugObserverSwarm.m:71
#9  0x21dd0 in main (argc=1, argv=0xeffff044) at main.m:35
Any response would be greatly appreciated.

                                Thank You,

                                Christian Bridgers