Error in libtclobjc configure file

From: Thor Sigvaldason
Subject: Error in libtclobjc configure file
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 14:02:33 -0400

Hello All,

        First, the good news. Swarm is now happily running on my Linux box. I
needed to upgrade gcc to 2.7.2. The swarmobject library will not
function correctly if it made under gcc 2.7.0.

        Second, a small technical note. Line 1359 of the libtclobjc configure
file (downloaded from SFI) reads:

    elif test -r $dir/libk.a; then

        What it's actually looking for are tk libs (ie. not k libs), so the
line _should_ read:

    elif test -r $dir/libtk.a; then
                         ^
                        / \

        This is not a major problem, as the library can be made without tk
support. I have no idea what difference it makes, but if it's in the
configure there must be some advantage.

Later,

- Thor