problem with running on DEC Alpha - I am using BLT 2.1

From: Shai Ophir, ISE/Israel DTN 882-3470 11-Sep-1996 1633 +0300
Subject: problem with running on DEC Alpha - I am using BLT 2.1
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 96 15:39:15 MET DST

> >I have sompiled swarm on a DEC UNIX (Alpha), and when I run heatbugs I get
> >the following:
> >(Tcl -eval:) invalid command name "Blt_ZoomStack"
> >    while executing

> I got something very like this when I was bringing up swarm on a linux
> system. Problem turned out to be that I had an old BLT library (version
> was about 1.8 instead of the 2.1 specified in the swarm docs). I have a
> suspicion that the function names in BLT *changed* from version 1.x to
> 2.x.  Be that as it may, try to check what version of BLT you are using...

Thanks, but I am using BLT 2.1. (at least the libBLT.a is in the library path).

Is it possible that it is on the path, but it is not using it?  Bacause before
you told me on the BLT, it *was not* in the path, but heatbugs was still be
able to compile... The I defined BLT_LIBRARY to point to the directory
where the libBLT.a resides, but it didn't make any difference...

I didn't find any other libBLT.a on the system, so I wonder how it did
compiled and linked successfully before I used the BLT_LIBRARY definition.

Shai.