initializing objects

From: Beemer
Subject: initializing objects
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 18:35:13 -0600

It's been a while since I programmed in ObjC, and I just wanted to
check something.  I have some objects (Chimps) which contain List
objects.  I need to explicity initialize those, right?

That is, somewhere between the beginning of
        bonzo = [Chimp createBegin: aZone]
and the end of
        [bonzo createEnd];

I should have something like

bonzo->supportList = [[List createBegin: aZone] createEnd];

correct?  Or does the List (which is part of Chimp) get created when
the Chimp gets created?

The Chimp's createEnd method seems to be a reasonable place to put
this, since I don't want to actually fill the List with anything until
later; I just want it to exist.

I'm pretty sure the obvious answer, "yes" is correct, but I'm
completely blanking at the moment, and would appreciate reassurance
from someone that I haven't utterly forgotten how to program.

Thanks!

        --Seth McGinnis