Re: GUISwarm

From: Manor Askenazi
Subject: Re: GUISwarm
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 20:06:05 -0600

Chris Langton writes:

  ..one of the things we plan once we get the parallel kernel going is
  to provide library objects for breaking up large spaces into smaller
  units each computed on a separate processor.....

I just wanted to correct any misconception which may have arisen due
to the wording "once we get the parallel kernel going".

*Nobody*, as far as I know, is currently working on a truly concurrent
version of Swarm (i.e. one which runs a single simulation in parallel).

Consequently, the aforementioned statement should probably be treated
as a purely speculative remark.

Regards,

Manor.