Re: ObjectLoader & batch processing

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: Re: ObjectLoader & batch processing
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 96 15:52:25 EST

Sven, gang,

    For what it's worth, I do what you want to do:  have a Parameterized
class, spawn runs for combinations of those parameter lists, where the
parameters apply to assorted mismatched objects across the heirarchy.

    Like Sven, I looked at the ObjectLoader and recognized it wouldn't work
for me.  I wrote my own dumper, and haven't yet bothered to write the reader.
But yes, internal to Gecko I spawn many runs, swapping out parameter combos.
The parameter combos themselves are the data I apply an evolution strategy
engine to, to search the parameter space optimizing a function.  Hill-climbing,
basically, over 30 parameters.

Ciao,
    Ginger