multiple declarations for `setObjectCollection;'

From: Rene Kongsgaard Jacobsen
Subject: multiple declarations for `setObjectCollection;'
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 10:04:43 +0100 (MET)

Hi.
During a compilation of our own swarm-model gcc gave me this error message:

ColonyObserverSwarm.m:135: warning: multiple declarations for method
`setObjectCollection:'
/pack/swarm-961002/include/defobj.h:96: warning: using
`-(void)setObjectCollection:(BOOL)objectCollection'
/pack/swarm-961002/include/space/Object2dDisplay.h:24: warning: also found
`-setObjectCollection:objects'
ColonyObserverSwarm.m:135: warning: passing arg 1 of `setObjectCollection:'
makes integer from pointer without a cast

As far as i can remember the ObjC standard declares that different messages
with the same name MUST have exactly the same interface, so there seems to be a
conflict between defobj and Object2dDisplay. The compiler does ofcourse choose
the  wrong implementation, and returns the integer from pointer error. Is there
any way i can specify what implementation the compiler shall use? I tried
moving #import<space.h> to the top of the file, but that didn't seem to have
any effect.

Rene' K. Jacobsen
Aalborg University IESD
<A HREF="http://www.cs.auc.dk/~baal";>My Homepage</A>