Re: Objetive C and C++

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Re: Objetive C and C++
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 10:19:46 -0500

At 3:01 PM +0000 11/19/96, Tomas Gudmundsson wrote:
>Can I declare and use C++ objects in an objective C file ?

Not with gcc.  You can apparently do this with NeXT's Obj C compiler.

>Is it possible to link objective C and C++ .o files ?

Reportedly yes, though I haven't tried it.  I think you have to declare the
Obj C file as extern C.  And I believe that any communication between the
two has to use plain C constructs.  Somebody else might know more about
this.
-Ted

--
Ted Belding                      <mailto:address@hidden>
University of Michigan Program for the Study of Complex Systems