How to create multiple probes for a class

From: Tomas Gudmundsson
Subject: How to create multiple probes for a class
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:07:05 +0000

I have many attributes in my model class, so I want to divide them into two or
more probes.

I have tried to simply repeat the code below in the hope that I would get two
probes, but I only get the last one.

  ProbeMap* probeMap;

  // Build first customized probe map.
  probeMap = [EmptyProbeMap createBegin: aZone];
  [probeMap setProbedClass: [self class]];
  probeMap = [probeMap createEnd];

  // Add bunch of variables
  [probeMap addProbe: [probeLibrary getProbeForVariable:
    "Somevariable" inClass: [self class]]];

  // Install first custom probeMap into the probeLibrary.
  [probeLibrary addProbeMap: probeMap For: [self class]];

  // Build second customized probe map.
  probeMap = [EmptyProbeMap createBegin: aZone];
  [probeMap setProbedClass: [self class]];
  probeMap = [probeMap createEnd];

  // Add bunch of variables
  [probeMap addProbe: [probeLibrary getProbeForVariable:
    "Someothervariable" inClass: [self class]]];

  // Install second custom probeMap into the probeLibrary.
  [probeLibrary addProbeMap: probeMap For: [self class]];

Thanks

Tomas Gudmundsson
Danish Hydraulic Institute