Re: Comparison between swarm and other IBM systems

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Comparison between swarm and other IBM systems
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 15:41:12 -0800

Richard Hanschu wrote:

> I am just starting to explore the swarm system and individual based
> modeling and was wondering if anyone out there in the hive could
> provide a comparison of the swarm system with others available
[snip]

I just wanted to urge people to respond to this line of questioning. It
would be great if some people who have started using Swarm after
accumulating some working experience with other simulation systems would
send in their comments, so that newbies and oldies could have this info
available on in the list archive and in the FAQ.

My own experience with general purpose simulation platforms ex ante was
limited so I don't think I can say much about this issue.

-Benedikt.

Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden
Center for Computable Economics     Tel. (310) 825-1777
Department of Economics, UCLA       Fax. (310) 825-9528
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477          http://cce.sscnet.ucla.edu