Re: MkLinux for PCI Power Macintosh

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Re: MkLinux for PCI Power Macintosh
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 20:48:39 -0500

Hi-
I guess this is relevant, so I'll reply to the list as well.

Swarm works fine with the plain DR2 release.  I'm currently running under
the 961114 updates (not the 2.0 server beta).  961114 fixes gdb.  I'd avoid
the most recent (961211) updates unless you need to, since many people seem
to be having problems with it.  But in any case, it's very simple to try an
update and go back if it doesn't work.

Once you've got MkLinux installed, you'll have to get gcc Obj C and the
other required packages installed.  See my posting with the title "PowerMac
MkLinux porting notes and patches", in the Swarm mailing list archives.
Hope that helps.
-Ted