Swarm Design

From: Paul Black
Subject: Swarm Design
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:34:35 +1100 (EST)

As I start to get a better idea of Swarm, one question that continually
comes up is, "Why was objective C chosen for the implementation of Swarm?"
I would have expected a more mainstream language such as C++ to have
merits. Mostly I'm just curious about the rationale of the developers.

My other question is "Does Swarm have any objects for genetic or NK
models?" Is anyone working in these areas with Swarm?

Many Thanks.

Paul Black