Re: Swarm 1.0.0 Released

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: Swarm 1.0.0 Released
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 16:16:01 -0700

> Congratulations, pioneers!

Thanks for all of us.

> I've been lurking here, working on other things, but with
> this release I look forward to really getting in into swarm
> up to my armpits.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Allright!  Well, to use Martin as a scapegoat [grin], and
to send a message to all you lurkers out there.... Use the
list to bounce modelling ideas off of everybody.  Frankly,
I'm quite tired of being restricted to messages about
BLT not installing properly or parsing cryptic gdb output
for some silly C-based error.  Mind you, I don't want to
discourage that kind of message.  That's part of the type
of info that flows from the intense coders/debuggers/hackers
to the newbies/modellers.  But, I'd like to see some traffic
the other way, too.

Like, I don't believe I saw Barry submit anything on his
decision to model a hex lattice or how he's going to model
that lattice.  (I've talked to him myself, so I got all
the info that I want; but, I can just imagine all the cool
solutions happening out there that I don't hear because I'm
not in the same room.)

glen