Re: TkObjc problems

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: TkObjc problems
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:11:39 -0700

> in installing swarm 1.0.0 on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine, I have come across a
> problem in tkobjc.
>
> Installing tk 4.1 and Tcl 7.5, I can get the heatbugs application to link, but
> it crashes at runtime with a traceback :
> 0x1d6280 in OneWordFind ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x1d6280 in OneWordFind ()
[...]
> #13 0x2a684 in main (argc=1, argv=0xefffec34) at main.m:31
>
> Yet if I link with the supplied binary library, swarm.x, it all runs.
>
> Any pointers as to where to start looking are appreciated.
> The previous beta release of swarm ran fine (although obviously with Tk4.0 and
> Tcl 7.4)

Hmmm. The stack trace doesn't give any strong clues by itself.
But, knowing that we included the Tcl/Tk header files with
the binary (and that runs), and also knowing that you either
have both Tcl/Tk 7.4/4.0 *and* Tcl/Tk 7.5/4.1 on your system
*or* you removed 7.4/4.0, I would guess that it's a header include
problem.

On the normal source distribution, did you install the include
files in the *exact* same place as they were in 7.4/4.0?  (namely,
/usr/lib/*.h instead of /usr/lib/tk4.1/*.h and the same for Tcl)

If that's not the problem, it could be with libtclobjc or BLT, which
should be recompiled after you install the new Tcl/Tk.

glen