Re: copy protocol and object ravioli

From: Manor Askenazi
Subject: Re: copy protocol and object ravioli
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 18:37:53 -0800

> So, it's not the mechanism of self-directed cloning that upsets me.
> It's the fact that an agent shouldn't clone itself unless that cloning
> process is part of the model being simulated.

Let me get this straight: are you saying that, if for example, I am
simulating a soldier in battle, and I assume that soldiers don't
clone themselves during the actual fighting, then I am not allowed
to give their software counterparts the ability to clone themselves
on the basis that it is not part of the model being simulated?

I must've missed the point completely...

M.

--
Manor Askenazi