Re: errors in Linux

From: Doug Donalson;
Subject: Re: errors in Linux
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:27:59 -0800 (PST)

Unless I miss my guess, your system can't find one of the
BLT libraries.  You probably don't see the line graph
cross hairs either.  Somewhere in the area where you made
BLT2.1 you should see a subdirectory called "librarys" and
in it should be several files including one with a name
similar to initTcl.  (Sorry this is a little vague but I'm
not at my home system right now.)  Anyway, set an environment
variable to point to that directory.

setenv BLT_LIBRARY /???/???/???

I suggest putting it in your .cshrc file and then sourcing it.
It should then (hopefully?) work.

I just went through HELL trying to upgrade to RedHat 4.1 and
finally went back to 3.0.3.  As a result I am trying to quantify
a way to install the three major problems with (tcl, tk, and blt)
and where paths should point to each of the different components
of these libraries that SWARM needs.  I just don't believe that
all this witchcraft and black magic which seem to go on when installing
SWARM in LINUX should be necessary!  (and yes I still believe that
windmills are something with which to joust!)

* Doug Donalson                          * Office: (805) 893-2962         *
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology * Home:   (805) 961-4447         *
* UC Santa Barbara                       * email address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                *                                *
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that             *
*   hearlds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but        *
*   "That's funny ...?"                                                   *
*       Isaac Asimov                                                      *