BLT runtime error w/ binaries - solved (I hope)

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: BLT runtime error w/ binaries - solved (I hope)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 22:12:53 -0800

Doug,

Great, your solution seems to work.

At least the BLT runtime error doesn't show up anymore over here. I am
using the Sparc binary, but can't see any reason why this shouldn't be
universal.

I copied the following files from my BLT2.1 installation on a
Linux box over to the Sparc station, i.e.
        $(BLT)/libraries/bltGraph.pro
        $(BLT)/libraries/bltGraph.tcl
        $(BLT)/libraries/tclIndex
into
        $(SWARMHOME)/lib
and set
        BLT_LIBRARY=$(SWARMHOME)/lib

where $(BLT) and $(SWARMHOME) of course have to be substituted with the
actual paths.

Since I started out by copying only the first two files I
inadvertently found out that the crucial file here is tclIndex.
This also underlined the fact that this is a runtime error emanating
from BLT, since I clumsily compiled Heatbugs without tclIndex in place,
but adding the file to the $(SWARMHOME)/lib directory ex post took care
of the problem.

Thanks again for 'supporting' the binary installation, which will
make a tremendous difference.

-Benedikt

Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden
Center for Computable Economics     Tel. (310) 825-1777
Department of Economics, UCLA       Fax. (310) 825-9528
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1477          http://cce.sscnet.ucla.edu