gcc and gdb binaries for MkLinux on PowerMac

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: gcc and gdb binaries for MkLinux on PowerMac
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 23:26:53 -0500

A while ago I told Glen on this list that we'd have to make binaries of gcc
and gdb available for MkLinux running on PowerMacs
(http://www.mklinux.apple.com/) before it would make sense to archive Swarm
binaries for MkLinux.  Well, I just ran across some binaries:

http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/mklinux/mkarchive/dev/lang/c/gcc-2.7.2.tar.gz
9556 kB  8 Sep 96
The GNU Objective-C compiler [ver 2.7.2]

http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/mklinux/mkarchive/dev/lang/c/gdb-objc-4.16.tar.
gz
8436 kB 8 Sep 96
The GNU debugger, with extensions from the NeXT-team [ver 4.16]

http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/mklinux/mkarchive/dev/lang/c/mklinux_objc_fix.t
ar.gz
3843 byte 25 Feb 97
How to recompile GCC for mklinux such that it will compile and allow you to
run Objective-C programs. [ver 2.1b]

I haven't tried any of these, and obviously the gcc and gdb binaries are huge.

Anyway, it looks like I was wrong and there's no reason not to archive
Swarm binaries for MkLinux.
-Ted

--
Ted Belding                      <mailto:address@hidden>
University of Michigan Program for the Study of Complex Systems