Re: More questions about AIX

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: More questions about AIX
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 16:25:25 -0700

At 02:11 PM 4/7/97 -0700, Benedikt Stefansson wrote:
>Also Scott, I have to admit that I don't have a clue what 'nested
>functions' are in this context. Maybe you could explain it in a little
>more detail?

main()
{
   nest(char *str)
   {
      printf("%s", str);
   }
   int i;

   nest("Hello World\n");
}

In this code snipet, nest() is a nested function.  I suppose you could also
call it a local function; here nest's scope (like the variable i) is only
valid within the main() function.  The reason why I believe that AIX has
problems with nested functions is because GCC produces object code for that
nested function which the AIX linker does not like.

Scott