Invitation: SWARM gatherings at UCLA:CSEOL/CEEG

From: Nicholas Gessler
Subject: Invitation: SWARM gatherings at UCLA:CSEOL/CEEG
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:31:17 -0700

As you may know, Chris Langton (from the Santa Fe Institute and the
originator of SWARM) will be at UCLA on Monday, November 3, 1997.  We have
organized an informal lunch gathering between him and those of us who are
either using SWARM or who are interested in SWARM-related problems.   Before
that event, on Monday, October 20, we thought it would be useful to get
together for an advance informal lunch so that we may introduce ourselves
and our work to one another.

The Center for the Study of the Evolution and Origin of Life's Computational
Evolution and Ecology Group is pleased to be able to host these meetings in
the CSEOL Lounge, room 5687 Geology, from 12:00-1:00.  We will provide light
refreshments and we encourage you to bring your own sandwiches and snacks.

Dare we call our meeting SUGAR?
(SWARM Users' Gathering Around Refreshments?)

Please circulate this announcement to any of your colleagues who are
interested in SWARM at UCLA.

We hope to see you there...

Nick Gessler
(for Charles Taylor)

              Nick Gessler  <address@hidden>

             0/  0/  ARTIFICIAL CULTURE:  \0  \0
            /#  /#     Experiments  in    #\  #\
             /\  /\       Synthetic      /\  /\
           """"""""""    Anthropology   """"""""""
               (in preparation for MIT Press)

             Founding Member - Co-Coordinator
         COMPUTATIONAL EVOLUTION AND ECOLOGY GROUP
  CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF EVOLUTION AND THE ORIGIN OF LIFE
                  Department of Anthropology
          University of California at Los Angeles
                            c/o
  11152 Lucerne Avenue, Culver City, California 90230-4244
                  Phone/FAX:  310-559-6661
        WWW: http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/anthro/gessler