Swarm-1.1 on RedHat5.0

From: Marcus Vinicius Pereira Pessoa
Subject: Swarm-1.1 on RedHat5.0
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:55:03 -0300

I've just installed RedHat5.0 in my computer and I'm trying to move to
swarm-1.1. First I downloaded and installed tclobjc-1.3. Then I downloaded
the binary version of RedHat5.0 and adjusted de Makefile.conf to SETUP=NONE
and put the paths of includes and libraries in the same way I did to
swarm-1.0.3.
Swarm apparently compiled without problems, but I was unable to compile
heatbugs
(from swarmapps-1.1), by the end of the compilation I receive a group of error
messages.

I though of making a second try, installing the source version, but I was
unable to install
blt8.0. I followed the blt8.0 unix subdirectory install instructions and
created a subdirectory
(in unix) called Linux, from which I ran ../configure. Then I edited config
file and reran configure. When I tried to make the application it returned a
series of errors (lots of directories not found)

So, I would like to know if somebody succeeded on the installation of swarm-1.1
on
RedHat Linux 5.0.

Vinicius.

discussion of the technical details of the day