Re: dynamic arrays

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: dynamic arrays
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 11:57:52 -0500 (CDT)

Dear James:
  I wonder what purpose this array is serving in your project.
  If you are going to want to pass it between objects and use
  it as an argument in one of the selector macros (M(command))
  things, there are some reasons to be cautious.  I had set up
  an array and found that almost all swarm functions require the
  inputs be type id.

  There were some other notes in the list about passing arrays as
  arguments, you might check them, but at the time I was persuaded
  by the argument that these things should be enshrouded in id's.

  There are some notes on this in the online swarm faq if you
  think it might be relevant.
  http://valinux.pols.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq.html

University of Kansas                  Office: (913) 864-9086