Re: 1.2 under RH-5.1

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: 1.2 under RH-5.1
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 17:28:03 -0500 (CDT)

Last week I installed swarm on a new computer that has redhat 5.1,
which comes with all the right tk/tcl stuff for blt. But I didn't want
to reinstall the tcl/tk header/source files just to build blt8.0, so
I did an exeriment. I just copied the blt install directory from
one RedHat 5.1 machine and put it in the new one. AND IT WORKED.
I can make available the tar.gz file of blt that worked for other redhat
users who don't want to get all that source for tcl/tk together.

If anywone wants to talk with me about making an rpm of the
BLT8.0-unofficial-for-swarm, let me know.  I've built a few little rpms
before but I usually had a template to start with. Here I've just got
an installed directory.  Still I think
this one might be useful. Assuming Swarm 1.3 will
still use BLT?

I'm only proposing this for BLT. Users can easily built ffi and tclobjc
for themselves.

Paul Johnson

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Sven N. Thommesen wrote:

> Also: building blt8.0-unoff requires the presence of the tcl and tk
> sources, so you need to install the source rpm off the RH cd, move the two
> .tar.gz files to /usr/src and untar them. Then after running ../configure
> for blt, edit config.BLT so that TCLINCDIR=/usr/src/tcl8.0/generic, and
> TKINCDIR=/usr/src/tk8.0/generic. TCLLIBDIR and TKLIBDIR should both be
> /usr/lib.
>
> Cheers,
> Sven

Paul E. Johnson                      address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science           http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                 Office: (913) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045               FAX: (913) 864-5700