Re: swarm 1.2 install

From: Matt Aylward
Subject: Re: swarm 1.2 install
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 14:04:25 +0800

Chimera wrote:

> Sorry Marcus,
>
>    I just don't seem to be able to get it correct, this time it's unix.
>
> my tclobjc is in ~/swarm12/packages/tclobjc-1.4
>
> Swarm is in ~/swarm12/swarm-1.2
>
> Just as a test I started configure with:
>
> configure --with-tclobjcdir=../packages/tclobjc-1.4
>
> I got:
>
> checking directory of tclObjc.h... no
> configure: error: Please use --with-tclobjcincludedir or
> --with-tclobjcdir to sp
> ecify location of tclobjc header files
>
> So I tried:
>
> configure --with-tclobjcdir=/home/donalson/swarm12/packages/tclobjc-1.4
>
> Same result.
>
> ????????????????????????

Doug,
I had similar problems on linux, I finally used :
--with-tclobjcincludedir=whatever-path
and
--with-tclobjlibdir=whatever-other-path

all went well for tclobjc from then on. If I remember correctly I had to
do this for more than just the tclobjc libraries, even though they were
in the usual places and ldconfig was set up properly.
I followed the above ./configure --with-?  pattern after each error and
eventually it all worked out.
(My OS is SuSE Linux 5.1)

I hope this helps,
Matt

--
Matt Aylward                address@hidden
Linux Lover and GIS Geek - OS for the people by the people