EZGraph createSequence workaround

From: James Marshall
Subject: EZGraph createSequence workaround
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:52:39 GMT

Hi,
  I just thought I'd share my workaround for my long running problem
with passing arguments with selectors to the createSequence method in
EZGraph. My solution is to create the array, but instead of storing
integers in it directly, wrap them in an object and store that in the
array. The getAlleleFrequency method used below retrieves the wrapper
object from the specified offset in this array, and the getIntData
method returns the integer value stored within that wrapper object.

[alleleGraph createSequence: "Friendly allele"
withFeedFrom: [[epdSwarm getWorld] getAlleleFrequency: 0]
andSelector:  M(getIntData)];

  So, you can see I've moved the offset selection into the
withFeedFrom parameter. I would welcome any comment on this approach
and particularly whether people think it's good practice or not.
  Thanks once again for everyone's help! My simulation is nearly
finished now so I think my recent deluge of emails to the list will
slow to a trickle!
        James
--
James Marshall - Postgraduate Research Student (MPhil/PhD)
Artificial Intelligence Group - Department of Computer and Information Sciences