Map key data types?

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Map key data types?
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 12:06:43 -0400 (EDT)

I see that the ref page in swarm 1.2 for Map includes

Phase: Creating

       - (void)setKeyType: aDataType

       - (void)setKeySize: (size_t)size

What data types are supported for keys?
Can they be variable length strings (ie, c char arrays or
swarm String object values)?

I glanced in the source, and it looked like really all things
could be were pointers to objects (ids) or integers.
Is that right?  If so, are their plans to support
other types any time soon?

thanks!
 -r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html