Re: Question about how to make EZGraph do what I want

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Question about how to make EZGraph do what I want
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:42:17 -0500

At 04:18 PM 8/21/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello, everybody.
>

>I have an EZGraph that collects information and plots a line for
>each "recruiter" in the "recruiterList".  Each line shows the number
>of members in that recruiter's membership (getMembershipLevel).  The
>code is attached below.
>
>The problem is that this code executes at time 0, and so when
>recruiters are born and killed, they do not drop out or pop into
>the graph.  Life would be nicer for me if they did.
>
>Got an idea what ought to be done?
>

>    stabilityGraph = [EZGraph createBegin: [self getZone]];
>    SET_WINDOW_GEOMETRY_RECORD_NAME (stabilityGraph);
>    [stabilityGraph setTitle: "Membership"];
>    [stabilityGraph setAxisLabelsX: "time" Y: "Total Membership"];
>    stabilityGraph = [stabilityGraph createEnd];
>
>    for(i=0; i < [[modelSwarm getRecruiterList] getCount]; i++){
>      id aRecruiter;
>      aRecruiter = [[modelSwarm getRecruiterList] atOffset: i];
>
>      [stabilityGraph createSequence: "Membership"
>                           withFeedFrom: aRecruiter
>                           andSelector: M(getMembershipLevel)];
>    }

Well, later when a recruiter is created I surmise you might be able to
tell stabilityGraph to createSequence for the new recruiter. The code for
EZGraph would allow this, but I don't know if the blt/tk code will allow
adding a line in the graph midstream like that.

To drop a line from the graph you'd have to fiddle with the internals of
EZGraph,
so that looks a little trickier. If there were a method -getSequenceList
available,
you could query that list for the EZSequence object that queries that
particular
recruiter .. or perhaps it would be easier if there were a
deleteSequence:withFeedFrom:andSelector: method that would rip out the
relevant
graph line. Anyhow, I don't see that it's possible at the moment.

Sven