Re: Solaris Install

From: donalson
Subject: Re: Solaris Install
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 00:09:05 -0700

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> D3> I'm a little confused about the Solaris install.  I got everything
> D3> going up to the link of the application.  I get the following
> D3> error:
>
> D3> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- p /usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal
> D3> option
>
> What is the link command that is being rejected?

This is all there is.  It is linking my swarm app.

[rtg] % make
/home/donalson/swarm/packages/bin/libtool-swarm --mode link gcc -g -O2
-L/home/d
onalson/swarm/packages/lib -Wl,-rpath /home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib
-L/opt/
apps/tcl7.4p3/lib -L/opt/apps/tk4.0p3/lib
-L/home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib -W
l,-rpath /home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib
-L/home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib -
L/home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib   -o spam AphytisCell.o
AphytisModelSwarm.o A
phytisObserverSwarm.o AphytisBatchSwarm.o main.o JuvenileRedScale.o
AdultAphytis
.o JuvenileAphytis.o AdultRedScale.o Stats.o GenericBug.o
InstrAphytisCell.o  -l
space -lspace -lanalysis -lsimtools -lsimtoolsgui -ltkobjc -ltclobjc
-lactivity
-lrandom -lobjectbase -lcollections -ldefobj -lmisc -l -ltk4.0 -ltcl7.4
-lpng -l
z -lffi -lXpm -lX11 -lsocket  -lnsl -lm -lobjc -ldl
gcc -g -O2 -L/home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib -Wl,-rpath
/home/donalson/swarm/p
ackages/lib -L/opt/apps/tcl7.4p3/lib -L/opt/apps/tk4.0p3/lib
-L/home/donalson/sw
arm/packages/lib -Wl,-rpath /home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib
-L/home/donalson/s
warm/packages/lib -L/home/donalson/swarm/packages/lib -o spam
AphytisCell.o Aphy
tisModelSwarm.o AphytisObserverSwarm.o AphytisBatchSwarm.o main.o
JuvenileRedSca
le.o AdultAphytis.o JuvenileAphytis.o AdultRedScale.o Stats.o GenericBug.o
Instr
AphytisCell.o -lspace -lspace -lanalysis -lsimtools -lsimtoolsgui -ltkobjc
-ltcl
objc -lactivity -lrandom -lobjectbase -lcollections -ldefobj -lmisc -l
-ltk4.0 -
ltcl7.4 -lpng -lz -lffi -lXpm -lX11 -lsocket -lnsl -lm -lobjc -ldl
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- p
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- p
ld: warning: option -h appears more than once, first setting taken
usage: ld [-abd:e:f:h:il:mo:rstu:z:B:D:F:GI:L:M:N:Q:R:S:VY:] file(s)
        [-a]            create an absolute file
        [-b]            do not do special PIC relocations in a.out
        [-d y|n]        operate in dynamic|static mode
        [-e sym]        use `sym' as entry point address
        [-f name]       specify library for which this file is an
auxiliary
                        filter
        [-h name]       use `name' as internal shared object identifier
        [-i]            ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting
        [-l x]          search for libx.so or libx.a
        [-m]            print memory map
        [-o outfile]    name the output file `outfile'
        [-r]            create a relocatable object
        [-s]            strip any symbol and debugging information
        [-t]            do not warn of multiply defined symbols of
different
                        sizes
        [-u sym]        create an undefined symbol `sym'
        [-z now]        mark object as requiring non-lazy binding
        [-z defs|nodefs]
                        disallow|allow undefined symbols
        [-z ignore|record]
                        ignore|record unused dynamic dependencies
        [-z initfirst]  mark object so the .init section
                        of this object is executed before the .init
section
                        of other objects
        [-z loadfltr]   mark filter as requiring immediate loading of its
                        filtees at runtime
        [-z muldefs]    allow multiply defined symbols
        [-z nodelete]   mark object as non-deletable
        [-z nodlopen]   mark object as non-dlopen()'able
        [-z noversion]  don't record any version sections
        [-z origin]     mark object as requiring $ORIGIN processing
        [-z redlocsym]  reduce local syms in .symtab to a minimum
        [-z text]       disallow output relocations against text
        [-z weakextract]
                        allow extraction of archive members to resolve
weak