Swarm RPMS: raise your hand if you tried them

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Swarm RPMS: raise your hand if you tried them
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:20:37 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Swarm Users:

I'm trying to understand what might be causing Dr.Huang's difficulties
with swarm.

One possibility is that the RPMs I built only work on my machines.  To
rule that out, if you have used them, let me know how they work.

I don't know what is causing the trouble, but IF you have already
applied the Redhat errata/updates for things like glibc, and the
compiled stuff I provide does not work, Please consider getting the
SRPM packages and building swarm on your system. This way they will
suit the particular setup you have. I also think that if the rebuild
does not work, then you probably find out why my RPMs did not work
because there will be error messages!

It is pretty easy to do. I'd guess you ought to do libffi, blt2.4e, and
swarm.  In case you've not done this, You
install the SRPM package the usual way (rpm -ivh Swarm-1.3.src.rpm)
and then go to /usr/src/redhat/SPEC, where you should see the spec file,
and if you want to make both an RPM and an SRPM for yourself, use (rpm
-ba swarm-1.3.spec). Then go into /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 where
you find an RPM you just built and can intall.