Re: Memory leak ?

From: donalson
Subject: Re: Memory leak ?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 14:58:54 -0700

Swen,

   If you have any BLT graphs running try turning them off.  I found that after
3000+ timesteps with 3 graphs and 10 traces that I began to run out of virtual
memory/swap space under Win98.  The problem seemed to go away with the BLT
graphs turned off.

Cheers,

   D3

Sven N. Thommesen wrote:

> I just had reason to subject my newly-converted-to-1.3 app to some really
> long runs, and discovered that it keeps growing until it runs out of room.
>
> I *assume* the problem is my own programming, but I just thought before I
> devote the weekend to chasing elusive bugs that I'd ask the list:
>
> a) have anyone else who has upgraded to 1.3 noticed anything similar?
>
> b) Marcus: has anything changed in Swarm 1.1 -1.2 -1.3 either in List
> management or in the memory zones that might cause old apps to develop
> memory leaks? I don't recall my app behaving this way in 1.0.5.
>
> c) What's the best tool to use (under Linux) to track down memory problems?
>
> Cheers,
> Sven Thommesen

* Doug Donalson                 Office: (805) 893-2962
* Ecology, Evolution,           Home:   (805) 961-4447
* and Marine Biology            email address@hidden
* UC Santa Barbara
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106
*
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but
*   "That's funny ...?"
*
*       Isaac Asimov
*