1.3 and 2 Tcl/Tk versions

From: Matt Aylward
Subject: 1.3 and 2 Tcl/Tk versions
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:44:01 +0800

Greetings all,
I have been using swarm 1.2 compiled with Tcl/Tk version 7.6/4.2(I think
thats it).
I have recently added Tcl/Tk 8.0 for use with tcltkgrass and xdataplot,
but I need to keep 7.6/4.2 for some other applications (e.g. TkDesk).
I have blt2.3.
All my swarm1.2 models still run fine.
But!! Swarm1.3 configure detect tcltk 8 and compiles ok but of course
the blt and tcltk versions clash at run time.
I have tried to compile blt8.0-unoff without success.

So, is there a way to force Swarm1.3 to use Tcl/tk 7.6/4.2 and blt2.3 at
compile time or should I persevere with blt 8.0-unoff.
I am using gcc-2.7.2.1, should I upgrade to gcc-2.8.1
I am using SuSE Linux 5.1 and will be upgrading to 5.3 (released this
month), this could solve some problems but I have important swarm Work
to do NOW.

On another subject i am writing swarm libraries to implement GIS
"focal"(ARC/INFO) or "neighbor"(GRASS) functions. these will operate on
Discrete2d's and produce Discrete2d's. I need these to do a lot of
heirarchical density analyses and grouping seagrass agents into
"patches" and "meadows". If anyone thinks these may be of general use
let me know.

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matt Aylward: <address@hidden> or <address@hidden>
GIS Geek and Linux Lover - OS for the people by the people