Re: A problem with Raster

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: A problem with Raster
Date: 24 Sep 1998 09:51:49 -0700

XH> I would like a Raster to have the following function: Suppose I
XH> draw to objects (say, two lines [aRaster lineX0:Y0:X1...]), now if
XH> I click the first line then the data associated with the line (in
XH> my case, a line may represent a link of a transport network) can
XH> be shown on another widget (e.g., on a Canvas), if I click on the
XH> second line, then data associated with it can be shown.

I think it would be better to use Canvas for this.

Indeed, there are many weak aspects to the tkobjc library, but I'm
afraid I already spend too much time on these tangential GUI features.
However, the tkobjc library is fairly simple code, and any Tcl/Tk manual
should be sufficient information to make whatever enhancements you want.
One of the main reasons we share the source code to Swarm is so that
users can do this (and hopefully share their changes with the community).