Re: Default colors in Swarm 1.x

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: Default colors in Swarm 1.x
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 20:01:35 -0600

At 07:16 PM 11/1/1998 -0600, Paul J. wrote:
>Perrone Alessandro wrote:

        <snip>

>In Zoomrasters you can assign your own colormap, but in EZGraphs  it is
>not so easy.
>In EZGraph.m, you see the colors swarm defines for that app.
>
>#define NUMCOLORS 12
>const char graphColors[NUMCOLORS][16] =
>//    { "Red",     "Green",  "Yellow",    "Pink",      "SeaGreen",
>//      "Magenta", "Purple", "DarkGreen", "Goldenrod", "Black" };
>        { "Red",   "Blue",   "Orange", "DarkGreen", "Magenta",
>"Purple",
>        "Green", "Yellow", "Cyan",   "SeaGreen",  "Goldenrod", "Black"
>};
>
>Lately I've been considering subclassing from EZGraph to specify more
>colors to deal with a problem like yours.  If I get serious, I'll let
>you know.

No need to subclass! If you define a larger array of colors, I'm sure it
can be included in the next version. Shouldn't take too much extra RAM. The
trick, of course, is to come up with a set of colors that (a) look nice,
and (b) are easily distinguished from each other. You may have better taste
than I did in defining the colors for EZGraph and EZBin in 1.3.1 ...

-Sven