Sleeping Beauty ...

From: xueyue
Subject: Sleeping Beauty ...
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 12:45:08 +0000

Once an object is created, it can be scheduled when and what actions should be executed, and also these actions can be terminated at a given time.
Here my question is: can we dynamically schedule an agent's activities? For example, suppose an agent's activities will take place during a time space [t1 t2], and during other time, the agent is doing nothing. If t1 and t2 are fixed, the activities can be scheduled at initial time, however, if t1 and t2 vary
day by day, how do solve the problem?  To answer this question, we need: (1) the agent itself is able
to schedule its own activities, (2) the agent can send
schedules to a top level swarm in which all agents'
schedules exists, (3) the agent is able to request the top level swarm to cancel its old schedules and put new schedules into it. In this way, the agent's schedule is dynamical and when the agen does not have any activities during a time period, the top level do not need to look at the agent until the sleeping time is finished.  Hence, the computational time can be greatly reduced in some simulation system where each agent is only active in  a short period in each day.
There might be answers to my questions, if anyone knows, please kindly let me know.
--
Dr Xueyue Huang
Center for Transport Studies

(+-44) 171 594 6037