Re: Problems Running SimpleCBug in RedHat 5.1

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Problems Running SimpleCBug in RedHat 5.1
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 21:07:09 -0800

Krishnan Viswanathan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you all for answering my previous query. I was able to compile and
> make the executable, bug. However, now I am confronted with another
> problem  which I hope you will help me resolve. The SimpleCBug program
> ran but it did not give me any parameter windows as described in the
> Swarm Install document. Instead it gave me the following (section of
> output):

[cut]

It's always a good idea to read the documentation / README files in a case
like this. SimpleCBug is so called because it is the first step in a series
of tutorials which demonstrate how C code evolves into Objective-C code
which later is linked with Swarm libraries. Hence the SimpleCBug does not
use the probes (parameter windows) or graphs.

Work your way through the rest of the tutorial (and the README files) and
this should be clearer.

-Benedikt
--
Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden