Re: Running (compiling) swarm apps on HD from CD

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Running (compiling) swarm apps on HD from CD
Date: 20 Nov 1998 16:42:25 -0700

LW> We ran scandisk and it did not find any errors (we turned on
LW> fixing errors anyways).

>> We are trying to convert and get things working in the new version
>> of swarm.  Everything appears to work fine from the CD. However, we
>> cannot get things to compile on the hard drive.
>>
>> We are taking heatbugs off the CD onto the hard drive into a
>> directory called, "swarmapps-1.3.1". All we want to do (for now as
>> our first hurdle) is to get heatbugs to compile like before. When
>> we run a make in that directory we get the errors:
>>
>> //C/Swarm-1.3.1/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.appl:2: /My: No
>> such directory or file found
>>
>> //C/Swarm-1.3.1/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.appl:2:
>> Document/Supply: No such directory or file found
>>
>> //C/Swarm-1.3.1/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.appl:2:
>> Chain/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.common: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> make: *** no rule to make target:
>> 'Chain/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.common'. Stop.
>>
>> Again, our "goal" is to be able to make changes to the m and h
>> files to change the way the program works.
>>
>> I believe that we are missing something real simple, but we can't
>> seem to see it.

It looks like you are getting some kind of weird line breaking in the
`Makefile.appl' that might be Win-specific.  It's having problems
finding the included `Makefile.common'.  From your error message, it
looks like the path to Makefile.common *should* be:

include /MyDocument/Supply/Chain/packages/swarm/etc/swarm/Makefile.common

Can you check this and post just that section of the `Makefile.appl'
to the list?  To quickly fix this, you should eliminate the line
breaks in the path and it should compile.

 --- Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden
  Swarm Program            |     web: http://www.santafe.edu/~alex