Re: Editing Observer Swarm. Can you tell me this?

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Editing Observer Swarm. Can you tell me this?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:06:07 -0800

Paul E. Johnson wrote:

> Suppose that earlier in the code I created lists, a "rasterList", a
> "Object2dList" and a "graphList" and add the above objects to them.
> Then is there any reason it would not work to rewrite the codesnippit
> as:

[snip]

Although I haven't tried this, I see no reason why you can't put the
rasters, graphs and object2d displays on lists and use the [actionGroup
createActionForEach: list message: M(message)] to update the whole bunch.

One example of this in action is in the EZGraph, which is actually a wrapper
around a BLTGraph and a number of elements which feed data from the
datasources to the BLTGraph. A -step message to EZGraph thus triggers a call
to the internal list of these graph elements and the BLTGraph (see the
source code).

-Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stefansson                 address@hidden