Re: Algorithm for finding Median: Got one or can you dissect this?

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: Algorithm for finding Median: Got one or can you dissect this?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:34:34 -0600

"Theodore C. Belding" wrote:

> Hi again-
> As you know, the NR routines work on arrrays running from 1 to N, not the
> usual C range from 0 to N-1.  Did you modify the NR select routine to work
> from 0 to N-1? The rest of your code seems to assume 0 to N-1.
> -Ted

Shit. I  kept fiddling with that  index crap and never did get it
exactly straight.
Now I know why!
Even if I could fix that NR routine, I'd still be looking up your
alternates. The NR stuff has me too frightened!

You always seem to stop by with help at just the right times. I truly
appreciate it.

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn