RE: Defininng and using an object as a Swarm and a SwarmObject at thes

From: Joseph E. Villa
Subject: RE: Defininng and using an object as a Swarm and a SwarmObject at thesame time.
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:21:46 -0800

Dear Paul,

Indeed, I believe you are right that a mixup is in progress.

1) I did indeed confuse the multiple classes in a single file as
multiple inheritance. My bad. Deepest apologies to all!
2) I may try to extricate these two classes from the single file, as you
suggest, if my other educational exercises run short. (Unlikely!)
3) I agree that 'multiple anything' is not necessary. Indeed, I tried to
say something similar in an earlier post.
4) Actually, the original question was posed by W.U.Shu.

I think it's great to get a chance to have a conversation about Mr.
Shu's domain challenges. Truly - while getting code to run, files to
compile, thingies to link, and the gods to smile is interesting - it's
the opportunity to collaborate on the broader, domain issues that I find
really fascinating and rewarding. I'm hoping that my SWARMjournal
(http://home.earthlink.net/~thevillas/SWARMweb) will become mature
enough that I can introduce some of my domain issues to the hive and
that, in turn, I may stimulate some mutually rewarding conversation.

In the meantime, I hope you all will bear with me as I poke my nose in
and try to make meaningful contributions -- even if I get it muddled
from time to time.

Cheers to all!

Joseph.

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                    Office: (785) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045                  FAX: (785) 864-5700