using Canvas

From: xueyue
Subject: using Canvas
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 17:06:49 +0000

I have used Canvas class for some time before, but I just realized there
is another problem which I just now describe
as below:
(1) I had been using the class along with the template provided by
swarmapps, that is to say, a Canvas object
is build in a swarm. So, it can work as I expected.
(2) I just do another test:
    I build a Canvas object in main.m,
    {
     initSwarm(...);
     aCanvas=[Canvas create: globalZone];
     [globalTkInterp .....];
      [aCanvas pack];
    return 0;
     }
    This is exactly the same way as I built an object
   in a swarm.  However, while compiling and execution are
    succeful, there is now canvas displayed in the new test.
   My guess is that in main.m, there should be a command to
   initialize graphical environment. But I did not where is
   the equivalent in Swarm (I did not examine it yet).

--
Dr Xueyue Huang
Center for Transport Studies

(+44) 171 594 6037