Re: Robustness Check

From: Jan Kreft
Subject: Re: Robustness Check
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:15:20 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Regarding #1 and #2, it would be better to start the program only once
with one seed and do all 100 runs in a sequence. This way, you avoid the
possibility of overlap of the sequence of numbers you draw from the random
number generator. Also, you have only one file with all results that you
can analyse in one go.

Regarding #3, manual is best because you have to look at your data first
before you can decide which statistical analysis is appropriate.
Hardcoding something into your program is not very flexible and you might
find your analysis was ill-headed and you have to rerun the program rather
than just the analysis. Do the analysis in a separate, independent program
(Excel, R, awk, etc. or something of your own writing). Explore and
visualize your data first.

HTH, Jan.