Re: GIF animation maker

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: GIF animation maker
Date: 29 Jul 1999 13:34:47 -0700

LRA> The software has a wizard function with which I was able to
LRA> create my first GIF animation in about 2 minutes, couldn't be
LRA> much easier.

I'm glad to hear there is easy to use software for Windows to do this
kind of conversion.  For Unix, we've resorted to scripts that do
painfully slow processing and reprocessing based on netpbm/fbm utilities.

LRA> Now I would be even happier if somebody could tell me why the
LRA> following code works under Linux and Swarm 1.3.1, but with Swarm
LRA> 1.4.1 under NT it produces the PixmapError "Cannot get geometry
LRA> for desktop", function: keep_inside_screen()

Yeah, that's a bug in 1.4.1.  There is a libtkobjc.a replacement
library at ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/fixes/NT-widget-snapshots
(to install in /Swarm-1.4.1/lib).