Re: skip_typespec abort

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: skip_typespec abort
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:04:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

> Do you have a method that returns something like:
>
>   struct {
>     int val1;
>     char *val2;
>     char *val3;
>     unsigned char val4;
>     unsigned char val5;
>     int val6:2;
>     int val7:6;
>   }
>
> ?

Would returning FILE * qualify?  Its a match!  Thanks.

> (Swarm can't parse these complex types.)

So I can just change the return type to a void * or an id
and then do some casting?  Could it be that easy?

> As for the GDB problem, that's a known bug in 4.18.
>
> I suggest grabbing a current snapshot from sourceware.cygnus.com, in
> which that mangling bug is fixed.

You know it seemed familiar, but then again all these bugs
are starting to sound alike. [sigh]

Thanks again.

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427