Re: Turning off dwarf (what the heck IS dwarf?)

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Turning off dwarf (what the heck IS dwarf?)
Date: 21 Oct 1999 01:17:27 -0600

JG> Hey, is there something I can do in the configure for swarm to
JG> turn off the -g thingy in gcc?  I keep getting this error:

JG> DPIC Array.m -o .libs/Array.lo Array.m:511: Internal compiler
JG> error in `dwarf2out_finish', at dwarf2out.c:10054 Please submit a
JG> full bug report.

JG> Can I turn it off?

I think `dwarf' might be the Irix (IIRC, you use Irix), equivalent of
the ELF executable format (dwarf <-> elf, get it?, ahem geek humour, I
suspect ;-)) But I'm no Irix expert, just a guess.

If it is indeed the -g option causing the error (I'm not so sure it
is), you can override the CFLAGS variable like so:

$ CFLAGS='-O3'./configure

Make sure you include everything that you currently in the CFLAGS
variable *except* for '-g'

Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden