javaswarm and javacswarm?

From: Alessandra Cassar
Subject: javaswarm and javacswarm?
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:33:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
1. I just installed Swarm2.0.1 (Windows NT). As other users I
could not install it in a G drive because of the Long Path error almost
at the end of the installation. So I downloaded everything in G, and
install it in C. It seems that the applications in objective C are
working, even if a wired thing happens: from every directory e.g.
mousetrap, heatbug etc... I can run any of them, and they work, why?
2. I am starting learning Java, and would like to translate my program from
Objective C to Java. Even if everything is on C, when I tryed to run
java, it wanted kaffe in G/swarm/swarm-2.0.1/bin/kaffe and not in C, why?
So I just copied and pasted and I do not have the error anymore, but it
sounds strange...
3. I downloaded the application jheatbugs-2.0.1, but I
cannot compile and run it. In Objective C I was used to do:
make and *name of the application*. Now the Makefile does not have
anymore a line like APPLICATION=heatbug, so I do not know where the name
of the application is. When should I use javaswarm and javacswarm?
Thanks a lot
Alessandra