Apropos Cygnus...

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Apropos Cygnus...
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:01:57 -0700

Since we are on the topic of Cygnus. I recently compiled the Debian
source for gdb 4.17 with objc patches on a RedHat 6.1 distribution. The
debugger works, it is able to set breakpoints at methods given the method
name, but it does not want to dispatch messages to targets as in [target
method].

I'm curious if this does work on a Debian machine?

For Debian owners who want to check the source and patches are here:

http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/dists/hamm/main/source/devel/gdb_4.17.orig.tar.gz

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/slink/main/source/devel/gdb_4.17-4.m68k.objc.threads.hwwp.fpu.gnat.3.1.diff.gz

I've also tried to compile from the gdb source that is distributed with
Darwin (Apple's OpenSource version of Mac OS X server a ka Rhapsody a ka
OpenStep). After some dubious patching of files, mostly to avoid
compiling NeXT related stuff, the debugger compiles but then doesn't seem
to like any Objective-C like syntax.

Just curious if anybody else has been playing around with this.

Benedikt