Re: Date processing

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: Date processing
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:11:19 -0500 (EST)

I'm afraid I've not followed this thread, so I'm not
sure what exactly what the original question was.
But here are some methods to get some date/time values
written out...as I say, I don't know if these are
the values/format you wanted, but just in case...

#include <unistd.h>
#import <time.h>
#include <sys/times.h>
#include <sys/utsname.h>

char StartTime[TimeDateSz], StartDate[TimeDateSz];

-(char *) setStartDateTime {
        struct tm   *ts;
    time_t      bintime;

    time(&bintime);
    ts = localtime( &bintime );
    strftime( startDate, TimeDateSz-1, "%D", ts );
    strftime( startTime, TimeDateSz-1, "%H:%M:%S", ts );
    return startTime;
}

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://www.pscs.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html